The City of Bridgeport and Downtown Special Services District’s 3rd annual Bridgeport Arts Fest is Saturday, July 7 from 10 a.m.-10 p.m., the Bridgeport Arts Fest is one of the area’s most exciting celebrations of local and original creativity.
It’s New England, so how else to raise money for the festival than with a huge Clambake Fundraiser Dinner. It will be served Friday, June 15, from 7 – 10 p.m. at the very hip loft spot 305 Knowlton Street, hosted by Gallery 305K.
As of yesterday 10 tickets remained available at the door: $30 for a single ticket or $50 for a pair of tickets. The event is sold out.
The clambake’s food sponsors are Bridgeport Shelfish and Seafood, the legendary food distributor that’s right across the street; Barnum House; One of a Kind Catering; Sweet Magnolia Catering and, providing a home grown salad, Cook and Grow; wine sponsored by Barefoot.
Party Horse will be rocking the house during and after dinner.
Tickets enter you for a chance to win one of five orignal artworks, one of two Gathering of the Vibes Sunday passes, two of 10 Bijou Theatre gift certificates, one of 10 Bridgeport Arts Fest golf discs, and other door prizes. There will also be a silent auction.
The door re-opens at 8 p.m. for those who didn’t get a dinner ticket, but still want to join the party. Your $20 charge supports the 2012 Bridgeport Arts Fest and gets you in for live music and drinks (does not include food and door prizes).
Planned this year:
- Over 75 exhibiting local and original artists, artisans, crafters and community groups
- A Photo Walking Tour with Michele Beaulieu
- 9 live day-stage performances
- 4 live after-partystage performances
- 7 live roaming and busker performers
- 10 live action demonstrations
- Local food and drink vendors
- Bridgeport Community Land Trust “Beer Garden”
- Urban Beautification Murals Project
- Downtown Tour of Living with historian Charles Brilvitch
- Gold & Main block party
- Seaside beach bike ride
- Westport Arts Center Connections Program presents “Heroes” Project
- LuvJonz summer fashion show
- “Home Sweet Bridgeport” film competition winners screening
- “Sweet Spot!” area design competition
- Cross promotion with downtown bars, restaurants and merchants
- The Bridgeport Arts Fest is sponsored, in part, by CT DECD, Office of the Arts’ Creative Placemaking Initiative; Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County; Gallery 305K; Magnacon7; Read’s Artspace; Aquarion; Antinozzi Associates; Bijou Theatre; United Staging & Rigging; Bridgeport Arts + Cultural Council; Westport Arts Center; Merit Insurance